by Rachel Ball, Gazelle Sports Foundation Coordinator
We are very excited to partner with Gazelle Girl Half Marathon and 5k this year! In case you hadn’t heard, The Gazelle Sports Foundation has been named the fourth charity partner.
Here are some things you should know about the Gazelle Sports Foundation:
- We have been an official 501(c)(3) non-profit organization since late 2014.
- Our mission is to help Michigan become one of the nation’s healthiest states by supporting individuals and organizations that implement education, programs and activities involving movement and fitness.
- Our board members include: Chris Lampen-Crowell, Ken Sung and Jean Sequite (Gazelle Sports), Fred Bunn (East Grand Rapids Parks & Recreation) and Sandy Barry-Loken (Kalamazoo Community Foundation).
- We grant $5,000 at a time and have two grant cycles per year. The next deadline for grant applications is April 30, 2016.
- So far, we have funded 3 organizations that help break down barriers to movement and fitness: Pathways, MI, the Down Syndrome Association of West Michigan and Let Me Run, inc.
- The funds we receive from the Gazelle Girl Half Marathon & 5k will be used for women and children-specific projects.
If you would like to learn more about the Gazelle Sports Foundation, including how you can become involved or to apply for a grant, please visit us here.